Neofitos Stefanides M.D. is board certified by the American board of orthopedic surgeons. He is also fellowship trained in sports medicine and shoulder reconstruction.
He was born and raised in the Long Island town of Garden City. He attained a bachelors degree from New York University and subsequently his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston.
He completed his internship at St. Vincents hospital in Manhattan and his orthopedic surgery residency at New York Medical College Brooklyn and Queens Region. His specialty training was obtained in San Francisco with the world famous Eugene Wolf M.D. and the prestigious James Kelly M.D. His specialty training was specific for arthroscopy about the shoulder and knee as well as shoulder reconstruction.Dr. Stefanides is fluent in English, Spanish, and Greek. Dr Stefanides
Practice Name- Neofitos Stefanides M.D. P.C.(incorporation date 10/15/2008)
● Astoria Location - 30-74 31st St. 2nd fl. Astoria, New York 11102
● Bayside Location - 222-15 Northern Blvd Suite LA. Bayside, New York 11361
● Mount Sinai Hospital Queens- Effective 11/10/2008
● Wyckoff Heights Medical Center- Effective 11/01/2008
● Mercy Medical Center- Effective 01/31/2009
● Fellowship in Surgery of the Shoulder, and Knee California Pacific Medical Center & Saint Mary’s Medical center, San Francisco Eugene M. Wolf M.D., Director of fellowship, James Kelly M.D. August 2007-2008
● Orthopedic Surgery Resident New York Medical College Brooklyn and Queens Region
Orthopedic surgery degree June 2007
● General Surgery Internship St. Vincent’s Hospital New York 2002-2003
Tufts University School of Medicine MD degree 2002
New York University Bachelor of Arts 1997
College of Arts and Science
Active felllow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Active member or the Arthroscopy Association of Northa America
New York Medical College Brooklyn and Queens Division
Bryant High School
Studying polyethylene wear in 100 total hip replacement patients with the use of digital radiographs.
Taught basic sciences for classes and board exams
- Attended morning conferences and CCU rounds
- Observed angiograms
- Published work with honorary mention
- Mapped 2 of 4 genes of the GS gene family, the product of which is the first enzyme responsible for nitrogen assimilation in plants.
- Put into practice a number of molecular techniques including: Southerns, Northerns, PCR, DNA extraction, and probing.
- Attended weekly meetings to discuss topics pertinent to the CAS student
- Gathered information from the students to improve classes and social events
Experienced various areas of this methadone clinic: counseling, admitting, primary care
Stefanides, N., Goding, R.B., Tamborlane, J.: Use of Sugar Tong Splinting After Closed Reduction of Pediatric Distal Radius Fractures. Presented at New York State Society of Orthopedic Surgeons second annual convention at Hospital for Special Surgery. Poster Contest. First Prize. September 2003
Azar, G.A., Shaw, T.S., Stefanides, N.: A 29 Year Old Worker With a Hamate Disclocation and Triquetrial Fracture: A Case Report. Published. American Journal of Orthopedics June 2007.
Stefanides, N.: Evaluation and Management of Shoulder Pain. Presented at SVCMC Family Practice grand rounds. December 2005.
Stefanides, N: Medical Coverage of Athletic Events. Presented at SVCMC Family Practice grand rounds. October 2004
Stefanides, N: Acromioclavicular Joint dislocations. Presented at SVCMC Orthopedic Surgery grand rounds. June 2003.
Stefanides, N: Buergers Disease Must be Included in the Differential of Lower Extremity Pain. Presented at St. Vincents Manhattan General Surgery grand rounds. April 2003.
Oliveira, I.C., Coruzzi G.M. N. Stefanides honorary mention. Carbon and Amino Acids Reciprocally Modulate the expression of Glutamine Synthetase in Arabidopsis. Journal of Plant Physiology 1999.
Drake Scholar at New York University 1993-1997
English, Greek, and Spanish.